Page modified: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 02:42:02
The Dekubitusmatratze - also Antidekubitusmatratze - is used in the nursing for the sick and is (edition) a mattress, which for the prophylaxis or therapy of serves with patients primarily by decrease of the maximum edition pressure. This decrease can take place either locally via a larger bearing surface or temporally with a change pressure pressure, with which body places occasional and are relieved.
The function mode of these aids is based on the reduction of the extrinsischen factors of the Dekubitusentstehung (S. Dekubitus).
Dekubitusmatratzen are used particularly in the intensive medicine and in the old person care, briefly: Everywhere, where by of patients (is it because of coma, longer sedation or paralysis) the danger of the Wundliegens exists by bad oxygen supply of the edition field of the body (S. Dekubitus). Since downtimes from two hours can lead an important position to the training of a pressure ulcer (Versluysen, 1986), come these systems also with the Dekubitus prophylaxis in the operating room.
Alternatively (and supplementing) to the Dekubitusmatratze there is the possibility of frequent relocating (as appoximate value a relocation applies every two hours) with and immobilen patients only, which is not frequently enough possible straight in hospitals and homes for the elderly for personnel reasons often not or. During the relocation must be paid attention to strike and fabric-careful relocating and transportation engineerings. The responsible care forces should lead a storage plan for each patient, who documents all relocating exactly.
Patients, who lie on Dekubitusmatratzen, are disturbed, since the active mattresses work often for the patient unnoticed, not so frequently by relocating activities, which can positively support the healing process.
Kinds of mattresses
There are different versions of Antidekubitusmatratzen and - presented:
- Change pressure systems: These systems consist of several Luftkammern, which are filled by an automatic control alternating with air and/or emptied again, so that different body regions are relieved alternating with pressure and again. For work on the patient very fast entire air can be switched from the mattress be removed to static pressure (all chambers filled), for emergencies (Reanimation, CPR) can. There are both complete change pressure mattress systems and editions, which are put on normal mattresses. Straight older systems transfer caused vibrations by the pumping function of the system to the Patientenbett, which is often felt as disturbing.
- Soft storage systems (i.d.R. foam material mattresses): By the use of a soft foam (both "normal" and viscoelastic foam materials are used) the patient sinks into the mattress. By enlargement of the bearing surface the pressure decreases. Viscoelastic foams become by heating up softly and bevels still more strongly than other foams to body geometry on. That deep sinking distributes the pressure well, independent movements of the patient pay attention however clearly reduced. The selected mattress should offer thus both a good pressure relief, as well as limit the independent movements of the patient only minimum. Some mattresses exhibit different foams with adapted characteristics for head, Sakral (basin) and floor area.
- Substantially better however are air chamber cushions and - mattresses, with which air in burls standing upward manages the counterweight. The disadvantages are however the difficult cleaning (the special rubber is easily hurt) and the high purchase price due to a monopoly.
- Gel mats are used primarily in the operating room and less on stations. They are filled with viscous gel (usually drying polymers/PU). Gel mats represent quasi the classical author of perioperativer aids. Gel mats can additional be warmed up and be able so a cooling down of the patient to prevent. Further other aids from gel materials (cushion etc.) exist.
- Blower mattresses are used with patients, who have very heavy injuries e.g. by burn. These mattresses are filled with small glass balls, which are held by a blower in constant motion. The and the pressure of the glass balls on the walls of the mattress are so high that a patient can be appropriate well however for only minimum edition pressure from downside felt.
- M. Versluysen: How elderly patients with femoral fracture develop pressure sores in hospital. British Medical journal, 292, 1311-1313
Articles in category "Dekubitusmatratze"
We found here 2 articles.