The former station in the citizen of Berlin local part cross mountain was starting point of the railroad line over Cottbus after On the expanded station area park is since the 1990er years of the . Today a U-Bahnhof of the underground line 1 carries the name station.
In the northwest of the area the Spreewaldplatz, the station free area at that time lies. In the north locks the Lausitzer place with between 1890 and 1893 the Emmauskirche delighted after planning of August Orth the area, separately from the station area by viaduct on the today's Skalitzer road running overhead railway route of the first citizens of Berlin underground. In the south the area borders on the land military channel and thus on the local part alto Treptow.
The station, designated after the city decreases/goes back like the Emmauskirche on planning of the architect August Orth. The commencement of construction lay in the year 1865. Since the area was very extensive, put on as abbreviation for transverseend pedestrians under the station area between the end of the Liegnitzer road and the Oppelner road a pedestrian tunnel, the in such a way specified tunnel. Occasionally the tunnel was called also the urethra.
On 13 June 1866 here the first course drove: A military course into the GermanAustrian war. On 31 December 1867 the complete distance of the Berlin railway was opened. It was enough before only to Cottbus. The station was, like the hitchhiker station, a head station. The railway after ran by the landscapes Spreewald and Niederlausitz, that also the names of the surrounding places remind. The station was over in plaster of the Skalitzer/Gitschiner STR. let in track with the gas works at the prince road (today: connected, which were supplied this way also with coal.
After the station in the Second World War had been strongly damaged, on 29 April 1951 the last passenger train was dispatched here. Afterwards the buildings in several sections were torn off until 1976. Into the 1980er years inside operated still goods trains from the GDR for the rear part of the area, which lay in West Berlin. There was a border crossing at the bridge over the land military channel. Today only three received goods sheds in the northern part of the park, lying next to each other, remind of the old station.
The overhead railway yard of the underground line 1 was finished 1901 and opened on 18 February 1902 under the name "Oranienstrasse ". This concerns a draft of the design engineering department the Siemens & Halske AG, Chefkonstukteur was Heinrich Schwieger. Since 1926 the station is called like the former station of the railway station ".
On the area of the old of station is today the park. The area of the station was transformed into the 1990ern into a park. Today the park among the large parks and local recreation areas in cross mountain ranks. It has among other things a popular child farm and is in the summer place of numerous spontaneous grill parties and also from open air meetings.
In the south of the today's park several railway bridges connected the station area with the district Treptow, from which still one is received and as footbridge directly of the park south the across the land military channel leads. Over this bridge a green course on the former clearing race is enough parallel to the Kiefholzstrasse to deep after alto Treptow inside, so that a nearly going through park connection of the Lausitzer place is to cyclists and pedestrians by the park up to the Treptower park at the disposal. Up to the case of wall wall ran at the land military channel the citizens of Berlin. Likewise in the southern part of the area, in the corner formed by the bank and the Viennese road, was a locomotive shed with turntable. Here today a hill with chute and carriage course exists.
The tunnel was still accessible until at least 1987 and yielded with the opening of the park of a large hollow in the center of the park, which forms a kind natural arena. The former walls of the tunnel were included as design element with and are this very day recognizable. On the west side of the hollow the sculpture manufactured erkannbare with 14 meters height from steel girders stands far away "walking HUMANS "from Ruediger Preisler. A further attraction of the park exists in the artistic reproduction of the famous sinter terraces of Pamukkale (Turkey), which was already not locked off however due to the use frost-firm stone places after short time with large building fences and in the meantime by frost damages are strongly damaged. In the north of the park, because of the Spreewaldplatz a modern swimming pool, which builds Spreewaldbad, 1984 to 1987, is planned from the architect's office Christoph long yard architect. The bath has both over large basins and different fun basins and a swimming pool with artificial waves.
In the citizen of Berlin vernacular both the park and the today's U-Bahnhof station are called briefly (also for this Grli of P compares the summer hit. R. Kantate).